You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My 7 wishes for 2020 on Affinity Publisher

Here are my 7 wishes.

1.  I wish that Publisher to finally manage footnotes, end of chapter notes, end of section notes, and end of book notes.
  2.  I wish that Publisher to fix the bug with object wrapping.
  3.  I wish that Publisher to fix the page break bug on the near even or odd page.
  4.  I wish that Publisher to allow the choice of spelling dictionary. You see, the one currently proposed by Publisher in French dates from before the spelling reform (30 years ago, anyway), and it would be nice to have a choice.
  5. I wish that Publisher to allow spacing adjustment instead of imposing. In French typography, the standard is that of the Imprimerie Nationale (not Affinity settings at all), but there are actually about ten settings, and in Switzerland, Belgium, and French-speaking Canada, other settings are used. It's a shame that a DTP software doesn't allow this.
  6. I wish that Publisher to use a real, professional translation, done by a real translator, instead of this French jargon that would shame even a small school dunce.
  7. I wish that Publisher to allow a default setting in each PDF export format. It is scandalous that it imposes by default the export per plates, whereas in the publishing world , it is the export per page that is preferred.

Will we have the good surprise by spring? In the meantime…

Happy new year 2020.

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?