A_B_C

Divide Operation …

My sincerest congratulations to the new version! Awesome work! :)

One small observation though. I am still somewhat unhappy with the Divide operation, and since my issue is already described in a post from some years ago, I’ll take the liberty to just post the link. In my opinion, Divide should work like this, but (C) is still different. Would be cool to have this reviewed for 1.8! :)

Thank you!

Alex

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/12629-affinity-designer-customer-beta-1351/&page=4&tab=comments#comment-56676

post-1198-0-42033300-1441717320.png.dc997b04829d69350016ec5a39f94a77.png

Hi Alex! :)

'Divide' is not implemented correctly and really needs reimplementing... It introduces strange shapes and arguably just produces the wrong outputs (as shown). The other operations are working better now, but I need more time with 'Divide' still... :/

Matt

7 hours ago, MattP said:

Hi Alex! :)

'Divide' is not implemented correctly and really needs reimplementing... It introduces strange shapes and arguably just produces the wrong outputs (as shown). The other operations are working better now, but I need more time with 'Divide' still... :/

Matt

Well darn, my hopes were that the improvements in Booleans included bug  'afd-2042'.

Speaking of which, it would be very helpful to include specific bug numbers where appropriate in the list of fixes and improvements for the beta releases.

Erich

Thank you, Matt! :)

No pressure. I wasn’t entirely clear to what extend you’ve already had time to work on the Booleans. You did a wonderful job on the Expand Stroke function. It produces such an accurate, elegant output now! I don’t know how you did it, but the results are just awesome! :)

Alex

17 hours ago, mdriftmeyer said:

should be fully functional before the 1.8 release time

+1

Solution: time machine :D

I believe to remember that Matt once said that the Divide operation isn’t just a simple operation (or that it is at least unlike the other ones) and requires a series of algorithms to be performed. So there seem to be some complications in play. :)