You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher: Bug in the object's wrapping

Either a book with a lot of pages. The text in the book is contained in 4.6×7.23 inch bound text blocks.

How to do?

At the beginning of the chapter, the first paragraph uses a lettering style identical to the normal style.

For convenience, the chapter title (La clinique de Tokyo) is placed in a new 4.6×2.165 text block wrapping over the 4.6×7.23 inch block.

Affinity Publisher does not manage this wrapping properly. See the text that is poorly cut by the software.

Consequences of the bug

This inadmissible and improbable bug is obviously not sought at this stage of the work. So it was undetected. It resulted in the entire first edition being rammed.

Bug workaround

The bug has been circumvented (not modified) by avoiding the skin. The 4.6×7.23 inch block on the first chapter page has been reduced to 4.6×5.065 inches. This bypass of course means that the models cannot be used completely. All text blocks must then be created by hand one after the other.

:78_robot: Let us add that the French translation is particularly disastrous. It would be nice to get a real translator.

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Mais je vous le demande, peut-on imaginer une police sans sérifs ?

No, of course not, but I can send an excerpt by e-mail if you tell me where to send it.

6 cœurs, 12 processus - Windows 11 pro - 4K - DirectX 12 - Suite universelle Affinity (Affinity  Publisher, Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo).

Please look, for example, at the repeated text on pages 271 and 272 between the greenish areas, and then move and put back the title block to see the difference.

• Staff

When I open your file, I only get 2 lines in the first blue highlighted area. Even if I move the title block, it still works fine.

Try this:

Close Publisher. Navigate to %AppData%\Affinity\Publisher and rename 1.0 to 1.0.backup. Reopen Publisher and see if it's still wrong. 

image.png

Hello, Paul.

Take a better look. Text on a yellow background between (not within) the green bands is repeated.

affinity-bug-01.png

affinity-bug-00.png

I seems to be fixed. Thanks.