You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.6 and 1.7 file format is not compatible

LITH

hello,
file  created in 1.6 looks different after openning in 1.7. I attached original file created in 1.6 (and and file exported to PDF in 1.6) and screenshots with differences after openning these files in 1.7.

I marked problems by blue arrows.

The file openned in 1.8 is also wrong the same way as 1.7

My graphic is quite simple and the problem can be seen at first glance. But I can't imagine how to check if something complicated looks the same when upgrading to a new version of affinity. I admit that I found this finding very unpleasantly surprised :o(

Best regards,

Libor

created in 1.6 and openned in 1.7.png

DETAIL - created in 1.6 and exported as PDF in 1.6 and openned in PDF viewer.png

DETAIL - created in 1.6 and openned in 1.7.png

original file created in 1.6.afdesign

original file created in 1.6 and exported to PDF in 1.6.pdf

Edited by LITH
I made mistake in versions of Affinity - the problem is between 1.6 and 1.7

As this is a problem with the 1.8 beta it should have been posted in the Designer Beta on Windows forum.

Probably a moderator will move it when they notice.

Original post has been corrected; it's not a beta problem.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks for the clarification, Libor. You've posted in the proper spot, in that case.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi Gabe,

I uploaded 2 of 3 fonts, but the third I cant find. Can you tell me how can I find font by its name on local PC? I have installed a lot of fonts and file name and font name is not the same :o(

Also I am not sure if I used the third font in the document. Is any way how to check what fonts are used in affinity document and where are used?

Libor

MS Shell Dlg 2 is used in your document, it is the Registered character.

The jumping word KILL BAR seems to be caused by an inserted tab. Why it is interpreted differently ...

The used e in your document is the "normal" small letter e, whereas in the 1.6 document the e is the Alternate 1 version. Did you use this alternate e on purpose? Strange thing: In the typography popup you always get the preview of the alternate e even if you switch to Default.

This is all I found out, the rest is up to those who live in the code. ;)

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Hi Joachim_L,

I checked my document and ....

The jumping word KILL BAR seems to be caused by an inserted tab. Why it is interpreted differently ...  - yes, tehere is TAB. its true and it is my mistake
I am not sure if it is good idea to interprete tab in one version one way and it next version another way :o(
it is not possible to check whole document everytime after new version of designer

alternate "e" - I am not designer guru and I dont use typography popup. So I dont know how it happend.

Libor