You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unwanted artifacts on focus merged image

I have just purchased Affinity Photo. Results of merging photos, leaves some small black dots and lines on the final images. What could be causing this and how do I rectify the problem?  I have attached an example as a picture speaks a thousand words.  I am using an old Windows 7 laptop while away form home base. Could this be an OS problem?

Thanks.

VTJohn

Test Stack 4 Support.jpg

• Staff

Hi VTJohn,

Welcome to the forums :)

I have already responded to your email regarding this, I'll copy this below so feel free to reply either here or via email and we'll certainly try our best to pinpoint the cause of this issue and get it resolved for you!

I've not seen this happen previously in Affinity Photo, so I'm going to require some further information here, alongside your images that you're merging.

Could you please confirm for me:

• Are you using Windows or Mac?
  • Which version of Affinity Photo are you running?
  • Does this happen with any focus merge operation, or only with certain images?
  • The lines & spots shown in your image, are these present directly after creating the merge, or do you have to apply further edits to the merged image before these are visible?

Could you pleases upload the images used to create your merge to the following link for me?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/VMNQ0AyK3sPHbJX8uVvZ 

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!