You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, just wondering if there is a way of removing my signature from a saved file so I can print an image. The signature is always the last thing I add prior to "save as" but if I re-open the file at a later date I then cannot simply hit "undo" via the edit tab. I don't want to have to redo all my previous editing prior to sending them off to the printers. Hope there is a way and a helpful forum.

Thanks

Tony

@tony semmens

Welcome to the Affinity forums.

Unless I am completely misunderstanding what you are asking (which is entirely possible) what is to stop you opening a file, then immediately selecting to "Save as.." and choosing a file name, perhaps the same as the original, but without your signature?  You will thus have one "signed" copy and one "unsigned" copy of any photo you wish to print, perhaps a little wasteful in terms of disc space, but presumably you do not want/need to print every photo you have edited?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Could you not put your signature on a blank/clear pixel layer and then just turn that layer on/off depending on wether or not you want it to show?

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

12 hours ago, tony semmens said:

but if I re-open the file at a later date I then cannot simply hit "undo" via the edit tab.

File > Save history with document

will allow you to do that but you have to remember to switch it on (anytime) before the final save of the document.

It also increases the size of the document when saved so Old Bruce's suggestion is probably your easiest/best option

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Tony, the suggestions above are great if you haven’t already ‘baked’ your signature into some images which, by what has been written, is what has happened.
To remove a signature from a bunch of images – each a single layer raster, not an afphoto document – would very much depend on:
* what the signature looks like;
* where it was placed in each image;
* whether it was the same size in each image;
...and various other things.
Would it be possible for you to attach two or three examples so we can see what might be involved?
There could be all kinds of ways to do what you want but the workflow would probably be very different depending on what is actually needed, which is why we would need to see some examples.
If you don’t want to attach the whole images then a portion of each containing the signature might be good enough but we will need to know the dimensions of the originals to be able to gauge what the ‘area of impact’ would be.