You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Question regarding New Dialog for New documents

I've noticed one curious thing and i just want to ask if that is correct.

When creating New documento in the "Print" tab in Designer and Photo they are by default in RGB Color mode, but on Publisher they are in CMYK, is that correct?

Just asking because i work on all 3 90% of the time in CMYK and if that is correct i will need to create all my templates in Designer and Photo.

i am seeing the same.

It kind of makes sense that Photo would default to RGB across the board, but I'm not so sure about Designer.  I would have thought too that the print presets in Designer would have defaulted to CMYK...

• Staff

Hi dcarvalho84,
Only the Print (Press Ready) document type was set to CMYK in the retail versions (1.7.3). The regular Print type was always set to RGB. With the new document/template dialog the Print (Press Ready) document type was removed and thus they all default to RGB now. I'm checking with the dev team if this is intentional.

9 minutes ago, fde101 said:

i am seeing the same.

It kind of makes sense that Photo would default to RGB across the board, but I'm not so sure about Designer.  I would have thought too that the print presets in Designer would have defaulted to CMYK...

Yes, i agree with you. It makes sense in Photo, the same way that make some sense in Publisher the default to be in CMYK, but i think in Designer it should be too, or have both options like the retail version.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.