Fab_1

Black colors displayed in dark blue instead black

The black color is not display in black but in dark blue in Affinity Designer interface.

If I export my test file with a simple black rectangle in a other format as PNG or SVG the color is well display in black in the exported file.

I tryed all available configurations (RVB/8-sRGB, CMJN-...) but nothing changed.

Thank you for your suggestion.

I am working with Affinity Designer, released 1.7.3.481 on Windows.

Affinity Designer ProbAffCouleur.png

Hi Fab_1,

Welcome to the forums :)

Sorry to see you're having trouble! This is likely caused by your Colour Management setting in Windows, could you please try following the steps in the below post and let me know if this helps?

Thanks in advance!

I do not want to spoil something that appears to be have been resolved, but the screenshot you had attached, actually had prominent blue constituent component, so it needs to look blueish on any screen:

blue.jpg.062e04f415450b5b8894438c37719e28.jpg

So it is not just a question of appearance. The crucial question is what color mode and color profile you are using in your document? E.g., when working in  CMYK mode, RGB 0,0,0 black will be converted to 4-colour black, and depending on the document profile, might get tones that look brownish or bluish, but are totally correct values in the context of the profile and assumed color intent (e.g., using uncoated paper, etc.).

So called "rich black" (or "deep black") typically has bluish overtones on display, but which do not appear bluish or brownish on paper. 

This spesific case might be something that was resolved by changing color management settings, but automatic applying of sRGB device profile as a kind of a standard solution in environments where more capable displays are used (even if in many cases without proper hardware calibration), is simply just overlooking the complexity of color-related problems.

Thank you for this new informations which will be useful to me in the future.

To answer your question, I use the following color profile sRGB IEC61966-2.1, but I also did tests with CMYK giving the same results.