You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

bought the software about a year ago, after reading very enthusiast reviews.

Have been trying ever since to work with it, but NEVER had any good result. Dust or scratch removing gives smear effects, select doesn't work the way I'm used to.

turning clockwise/anti clockwise is hidden, and most of al, the least important thing are most prominent placed: liquify and tonemapping,, both have nothing to do with photo.

Then again, opening files takes a long time, and saving them as tifs requires a workaround by exporting them, hopeless.

I'm very sorry to say, but it was a waste of money to buy this packet, I will never use it.

Paul

I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having such trouble with the software.

I haven’t used the scratch/dust removal tools so I can’t give any advice on them.

Rotation isn’t particularly hidden, the functions are in the first level of the View menu and can be given a shortcut key if needed.

The Personas – such as Liquify, etc. - can be removed from the toolbar if you don’t use them. How often someone might use them, or if they are wanted, is a subjective thing for individual users so I couldn’t say they have nothing to do with photo editing (I’m sure some people will use them a lot).

I’ve never found opening a file to take particularly long but I don’t normally use large files. Is there a specific example you have in mind?

How is exporting a TIFF a workaround? “File → Export → TIFF → OK” isn’t that different from “File → Save As → TIFF → OK” as it is in some other software.

If you tell us which software you are more used to then, unless you are used to using an obscure application (or even if you are), there will probably be someone who can help to ease your transition to the Affinity range.

On 1/10/2020 at 1:54 PM, Paulus-68 said:

saving them as tifs requires a workaround by exporting them

No. Open TIFF (JPEG, PNG), modify and "Save" (Ctrl + S).

On 1/10/2020 at 1:54 PM, Paulus-68 said:

turning clockwise/anti clockwise is hidden

Menu Document, Rotate 90° Clockwise/Anticlockwise (shortcuts can be modified). 

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.