You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't export PDF as All Pages instead of All Spreads

cgartists

I have rasterized all graphic files but I can't export it as All Pages. I used to be able and then I exported as Spreads but now I really need it as Pages.

Export settings for web @ 300DPI without bleed and All Pages

I tried from my second computer and from hard drive to same hard drive instead of from NAS and no change. After ~15-20% progress I get: An error occurred while exporting to:

Please help - I need it quite urgently and don't have ideas how to do a workaround. Ideas?

Katalog-konferencje-2020.afpub.zip

www.cgartists.eu

I got the crash, too. I noticed the empty master and its layer position within your custom layers. After selecting all page icons and choosing "Clear Masters" I could export as single pages successfully.

1463686202_clearmasters.jpg.887f3bb091e90a01324a4b7dc512000f.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Thanks @thomaso ! Unfortunately I wasn't able to reproduce your success - I cleared masters (thanks - I did not know about this one!) but I still got the same error.

One solution I came up with was exporting for offset print (PDF/X-4, Colour space and profile As document, Embed profiles, Do not convert image colour spaces, Honour spot colours, Overprint blacks, No Hyperlinks or layers, Include bleed) which worked but without links.
Generally from good few tests I did it seems that changing settings to PDF 1.4 or higher, in order to enable Include hyperlinks, makes the export break.

So in this document I can't export as All Pages and include hyperlinks... which is crazy as it works when I export All Spreads.

www.cgartists.eu

Strange, with another trial I wasn't able to export again. Yes, the hyperlinks seem to prevent the export, but obviously not all of them. For instance I can export as single pages 1-6 + 8 + 10 + 12 as PDF 1.7 with working hyperlinks.  Katalog-konferencje-2020_1-6, 8, 10, 12.pdf

But as soon I try with the odd pages 7 or 9, 11 the export quits with the typical unspecific error message which occasionally occurs with font issues – though here a font issue is quite unlikely because spreads do get exported successfully AND I have none of your fonts installed but used the default replacement Lucida.

I also tried with beta v.523 with no better result.

9 hours ago, thomaso said:

But as soon I try with the odd pages 7 or 9, 11 the export quits with the typical unspecific error message

Perhaps the error occurs if one of the pages you export contains a hyperlink to a page that you did not choose to export?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

2 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Perhaps the error occurs if one of the pages you export contains a hyperlink to a page that you did not choose to export?

Just take a look into the OP's .afpub. The links are on pg 2-5, it is no problem to export just these pages, totally without pgs with the targets.

If your thought would be correct than it would work best if *all* pages get exported. Instead I experienced it, as I mentioned, different and needed to exclude some pages (e.g. odd) from export to make it work.

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, steven van hemelryck said:

can anyone help me with this file on Mac?
I get "An error occurred while exporting to ..." when I try to export to pdf 😞

I can export the entire document successfully as PDF 1.7 only with "Rasterise: everything".
(ps: the illustrations aren't embedded but missing and I don't have the Alfa Slab font installed)

I tried from both 1.7 and 1.8 with preset "for print" (PDF 1.7) and got the error with default "Rasterise: Unsupported properties".
I don't get the error when exporting page 3 only (where the illustration layers are rasterised already).

• Staff

Thanks. This seems to be caused by a curve layer. 

Take Page 5 for example

It's the 6th layer in the layer stack 

Screenshot 2020-02-24 at 13.21.06.png

Not entirely sure what's up with it, but changing the opacity to 100 (and then back to 0) fixed the issue for this page. 

Anyways, I logged this with our developers. 

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

Not entirely sure what's up with it, but changing the opacity to 100 (and then back to 0) fixed the issue for this page. 

Hm, wouldn't your 'Back to 0' make it not appear on export? – The issue seems to be related to 2 obviously conflicting parameters for this curve's both stroke & fill:

0% opacity in color panel <–> 100% opacity on page. – I guess such an occurrence should not be possible at all, right?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Fail to export to Pdf for print) of the program in the latest customer beta. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below.

The latest beta builds are downloadable from links at the top of each of these beta forum posts.

These betas install parallel, next to the release version (they do not overwrite your release) and so the fixes can be tried in the beta without affecting your normal workflow in the release version.

Once these programs have been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.8.1/1.8.2 update/patch to all customers.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon