You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

AP Beta - Image Cache and linked images not updating

Point 1. I decided to try to put a pdf together in AP Beta. I successfully created a pdf. The following day I accidentally deleted it, which was not really a big deal as I needed to update many of the images (.jpg). I was surprised that when I created a brand new pdf with the updated images, Publisher placed the old images! How is this possible?

Point 2. Also, I can see no way to 'refresh' images.

Point 3. All my images are linked, but do not update.

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

2nd Monitor: Phillips 226E9Q HD 1920 x 1080 (125%)

1 hour ago, Matthias said:

My guess:

Either Publisher beta ignores image linking and embedds them anyway (the size of your publisher document would be a tell) or the pictures are somehow twice on your hard drive.

Thanks for your response. The images are only on my hard drive in one place.

I have since discovered that I can update the images through the resource manager - however, I would have expected this to be an automatic process when a file is linked.

I would still like to know why there is a cache of images that are no longer in my files.

iMac: iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017)  -   3.4 GHz Intel Core i5   -   8 GB 2400 MHz DDR4  -  Radeon Pro 560 4096 MB 

Windows: Nvidia GTX 960m 4k UHD 2gb ram video (Windows 10 Pro) -  Laptop screen (resolution 3840x2160 magnified 300%)

• Staff

If you want it to auto update you can enable "Automatically update linked resources when modified externally" in Preferences > General - If you don't enable this we will used the image as it was inserted, but the Resource Manager will show it as modified indicating the source no longer matches what we have in the document

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

2 hours ago, Jon P said:

If you want it to auto update you can enable "Automatically update linked resources when modified externally" in Preferences > General - If you don't enable this we will used the image as it was inserted, but the Resource Manager will show it as modified indicating the source no longer matches what we have in the document

Thank you Jon. That's a big help to me.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.