You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Page Numbering

Being new to Publisher, coming from the InDesign 2020 World, I am trying to set up my page numbering scheme.

In Publisher, I am using Page Number Fields.  I Don't want to count the Cover Page as Page 1, so I would like Page 1 numbering to start on the second page, which is where content starts.   In the Section Manager, the Start On Page option is set to 1, and grayed out, can not be changed.  I am assuming I need that number to be "2", to get what I want.  Is there some workaround to achieve what I need.  In InDesign you are allowed to start the Section and Page numbering sequence wherever you like.

See attached screenshot.

Thanks!
Bob

Corel.jpg

According to the Numbering pages help ...

You can format the page number and set the numbering style using the Section Manager. This manager also lets you create multiple sections (e.g. Preface, Table of Contents, Index, etc.) which can be named, have different page number starts and numbering styles.

You can add a page number field to a single page, as well as two fields to both sides of a page spread.

Page numbers are actually fields as they dynamically update. For more advanced users, page numbers can be incorporated with <Section Name> fields (e.g., 1 Introduction) introduced using the Fields panel.

To suppress page numbering on initial sections (e.g. Contents or Preface) don't assign a master page.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

I knew I wasn't being clear enough.  On the actual pages where the Page field is placed, the page after the Cover page reads (Page 2).  I am trying to get that page to be the start of the page sequence (1,2,3,4, etc.) Not starting displaying Page 2.  Does that make sense?

Thanks!

Bob

See attachment from InDesign 2020Corel.thumb.jpg.d5fce17899b3dae0725819c5c4c89d69.jpg

In the above referenced video (did you looked that?), another master page B is used to restart a new section numbering. - Further I think I saw in that video that there is also an "previous page number" field entry insertable for numbers, which suggerates somehow to me that when used a usual page 2 should then show as page 1 (though not sure on that). - See also:

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

You could create section 2 starting at page 2, and start the page numbering of section 2 at "1".

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You're welcome, Bob.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1