You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

I work in screenprinting and have a client who is asking for an end of the year order of t-shirts for a schools graduation. They want to fit the names of students inside the shape of the number "20". I'm not even sure if it's possible, but can I line up the text paths with the shape of the curves automatically? Or does it require each line to be individually shifted into position? (I've attached a sample image below.)

2137598835_ScreenShot2020-01-08at12_23_41PM.thumb.png.6fe9ea2c73954d55f298c7778137c668.png

684421753_ScreenShot2020-01-08at12_39_56PM.thumb.png.0f3602093f736330ae41f13e05f242e8.png

I've searched the forums a bit for this issue, and haven't found many results. Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

I assume you mean how to create the 20 here with filled text then (as far as I've understood it).

• Create with grafictext (Arial Black etc.) a big 20 and duplicate that textlayer so you have 2x this one.
  • Now select one of those 20 layers (say the top one) and "Layer > Convert to curves", that should create a group with a layer 2 and 0 inside the group as curves
  • Next select the first of those in the group, the 2 and "Layer > Convert to text layer", afterwards do the same with the other 0 layer.
  • Now fill both of those frametext layers with the text you want (I used "lorem ipsus" filltext see below)
  • Set the normal bottom grafictext layer (20) to no fill and some stroke/outline color, the previously created filled number layers above should shine through. Adjust it's size slightly bigger so there is a little gap place between the bottom stroke color outline and the top textframes (I didn't made that for below screenshot)
  • see ...

ad_screen.thumb.jpg.14a800a852a226ef31e9e896bcfbef84.jpg

twenty_filltext_800.jpg.5bcafc7a9d75b944cb16de19b43d116f.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2