You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tons of bugs exporting SVGs...

Ariano

Hello guys,

I bought Affinity Designer to do web related work. Basically, I use it to create and export files, mostly SVGs when working with vectors. The idea is, exporting the SVG, taking the SVG code and paste it in the HTML code so we can mess around with the SVG coloring with mouse hovers, etc.

The problem is, for multiple times the SVG code exported from Affinity doesn't work right. Sometimes the SVG are cut in a small portion, bugged in some browsers like Safari, etc. Which it's a pain because I used Illustrator for this and the codes generated by it always worked fine.

• Staff

Hi Ariano,

Can you try and be more specific about the issues you are seeing. If possible please attach the offending AFDesign files you are exporting, your SVG export settings, and also what you feel is wrong in the SVG when opened?

Have you tried adjusting the SVG export settings to see if they allow you to export files to how you require them.

6 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi Ariano,

Can you try and be more specific about the issues you are seeing. If possible please attach the offending AFDesign files you are exporting, your SVG export settings, and also what you feel is wrong in the SVG when opened?

Have you tried adjusting the SVG export settings to see if they allow you to export files to how you require them.

Hello, sorry I can't send the files since it's confidential work. I tried using the default settings and after tweaking it a little the SVG was broken. If you open the SVG file itself it works fine, the problem is when I copy the code from the SVG to paste it in HTML. It looks like the clip-path it's all wrong and a small part of the svg gets cut.

I also have problems with exporting svg. I hoped it was on my site, but now iam convinced that svg export is buggy. The problem, i use it for my thesis and the time is running out more and more.

Here is my situation:

Rectangles are streched when resized. No Fill, 0,5pt stroke

I made two boxes at the bottom, one is shorter and the strokes are streched bigger/thinner. See attachment

Anschlusslayout_SZM_X-ACT.svg

Also, when i create vector images the .afdesign is just a few kB just like it should but if i create a new file and copy a design to the new file the filesize gets huge. Like here, the filesize is now 1372 kB. The orignal filesize with 3 more Artboards just takes 130 kB.

But that is a complete different problem, just to let you know.

• Staff

Hi tbuske,

If you select 'Flatten Transforms' in the SVG Export dialog it will remove the Group element containing the transforms which is causing the objects to be clipped and appear as varying levels of stroke width.

Regarding the file size, I copied all your objects into a new document and that created a much smaller file (21kb), I was not able to reproduce the large file size you are seeing.