GarryP

Strange expand stroke behaviour on very-low-DPI document

Designer 1.7.3.481, Windows 10 Home 1909.
I have an A5 document (attached) that is set for just 12 DPI (don’t ask why).
When I add a curve to it with a reasonably thick width (considering the DPI) and expand it I get a weird result, see attached GIF.
It’s not a major problem for me as I’m just experimenting but I think it might need looking at. (This is probably related to other expand stroke issues that have already been raised.)

very-low-res-expand-stroke-oddity.afdesign

very-low-res-expand-stroke-oddity.gif

Hi GarryP,

This is the usual Expand Stroke issue that has been cropping up - small objects will get misshaped.

Have you tried the latest 1.8 Windows Beta? Expand Stroke has now been vastly improved and your document expands without an issue.

Hey y'all --

I guess you figured this out, but here's a workaround:

Under Document Setup, switch the document's DPI (resolution) to a much higher setting, then try the Expand Stroke again.  It tends to work better.