wolfchen

Designer Beta will not update

10 minutes ago, wolfchen said:

My Affinity Designer will not install the latest update.  

Please provide me with a solution.  

wolfchen 

Since you seem to be asking about Designer, but posted in a topic about Photo, it's a bit confusing.

Please clarify what you mean by the latest update, the specific version number, and the OS that you use.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.650 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.650 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.651 Beta.

22 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Since you seem to be asking about Designer, but posted in a topic about Photo, it's a bit confusing.

Please clarify what you mean by the latest update, the specific version number, and the OS that you use.

Sorry for the confusion.  It's my Designer program that will not update.  Never had this problem before.  I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 on a new and powerful computer.  No problem with updating Photo....just with Designer.    I' trying to update to the newest version...which I believer is 1.7.3.  

43 minutes ago, wolfchen said:

Sorry for the confusion.  It's my Designer program that will not update.  Never had this problem before.  I'm using the latest version of Windows 10 on a new and powerful computer.  No problem with updating Photo....just with Designer.    I' trying to update to the newest version...which I believer is 1.7.3.  

Thanks. And where did you purchase the program from? Directly from the Serif Affinity Store, or from the Microsoft Store?

When you say it won't update, what are the symptoms?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1909 (183623.476),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop:  8GB memory, Intel Core i7-3625QM @ 2.30GHz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 or NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
Affinity Photo 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.650 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.650 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.8.3.641 and 1.8.4.651 Beta.

As far as I'm aware, the beta version does not automatically update, we have to download the latest version when it is released. To ensure we know about the latest release we can add our names to the email list by subscribing: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/notifications/&do=follow&follow_app=forums&follow_area=topic&follow_id=83299

Hope this helps

Windows 10 64bit ¤ AMD A10-6700 APU ¤ AMD Radeon HD8670D + R7 240 2GB Dual Graphics ¤ 16GB DDR3 Ram

Thanks Ken I think you have seen the wood for the trees in the original post if so here is my reply.

@wolfchen

All the Affinity beta releases are a parallel installation so you can have both the release build 1.7.3 and the beta build 1.8.0 on your machine. There is no need to use the beta unless you want to try the fixes. As you have found there is no auto-update from the release build until we actually choose to release 1.8.0 to all customers (at the end of the beta). You can have both installed at the same time (the beta has a slightly different icon with beta on) and you should use copies of your files in the beta, as once saved they will not reopen in the release build.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Latest releases on each platform