You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Changes in global colours won't affect gradients

1. Create one or two global colours.

2. Create an element with a gradient using the global colour(s) from step 1.

3. Edit global colour(s) and change the colour value(s).

Result: No change in the gradient. Or am I mistaken here? Changing a global should affect all elements this global colour is assigned to. This is also not working in the retail version and I assume not working in the complete Affinity range.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

It works fine here.

Can you video how you are trying to do this?

(Windows + APub Beta)

Also tested on APhoto released version

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Your document looks like it is using global spot colours which I don't use

Have you tested using just normal colours?

If it is just a problem with spot colours you will need someone else to follow up on this for you

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Thanks for looking into this. It is also not working for the colour Schrift 80% Schwarz. Change the starting colour of the gradient to something else and try now to change Schrift 80% Schwarz.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

3 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

It is also not working for the colour Schrift 80% Schwarz

Sorry, you have totally lost me now, hopefully, support will see this thread and advise further

Try the following steps:

• Under Swatches panel, click on Add Document Palette.
  • Rename (optional) your new palette
  • Now click on your colour
  • The colour will show in the swatches panel
  • Select "Add current colour to palette as a global colour" icon from the swatches panel
  • Now edit the swatch to taste

This should do the trick.

I also noticed that you haven't applied the swatch to your gradient that's why it's not changing colour when you edit…

Edited by william

I added already a document palette, made it default for CMYK and I used definitely the swatches with the gradient. You can't see if a swatch is assigned to the gradient, because the colour is not selected in the Swatches panel.

------

I have noticed that if you edit and apply the colour swatch to your gradient using the gradient panel, any edits that you do to the swatch will not reflect on the gradient. The results are different though if you highlight the orange colour stop on the gradient and pick your colour directly from the swatches panel (not using the gradient panel). Any edits to the swatch will reflect on the gradient.

Looks like a bug. Serif should look into this inconsistency.

20 minutes ago, william said:

The results are different though if you highlight the orange colour stop on the gradient and pick your colour directly from the swatches panel (not using the gradient panel). Any edits to the swatch will reflect on the gradient.

Perfect, thats it.

------

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Gradients do not change when Global Colour is modified) of the program in the latest release.

The fixes and how to update are described in these forum posts.

We would appreciate you checking that this issue has now been resolved for you,

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.