You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photos from my Capture One "Capture" folder not opening in 1.8 beta

Same problem here but with DxO Photolab. Export in Application doesn't work with the beta 1.8. I send Tif files, as I have done with AP <=1.7

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, iPad 8, MACOS Sonoma & iPadOS, Affinity V2-Universallizenz 

On 1/9/2020 at 5:07 AM, MEB said:

Hi KipV,
Are all those files in Capture One folder TIFF files? If so, this is a know issue that's already logged. The latest Customer Beta (1.8) isn't opening TIFF files.
Thanks for your report.

That appears to be the case MEB. The files that don't work are tiff files. To get around this issue I edited the photo in 1.7.3 and saved it in Affinity Format into the same Capture folder. I just noticed now as I tried to open that file in Photo 1.8 it was able to open successfully.

if you are using C1, try the PSD format and enable the "Enable Save over imported PSD files" in Preferences.

I haven't tried it with the beta yet, but with the release version the back and forth between C1 and APh is nearly seamless.

On 1/11/2020 at 2:36 PM, fde101 said:

if you are using C1, try the PSD format and enable the "Enable Save over imported PSD files" in Preferences.

I haven't tried it with the beta yet, but with the release version the back and forth between C1 and APh is nearly seamless.

Great to know about better workflows between these two apps. I have been frustrated with C1 limitations with editing out dust and scratches. Affinity does a good job at that so I will keep bringing photos back and forth.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.