You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Remember last settings; keyboard tool shortcut customization

1. Please remember the settings I last picked.  Things like the last opened tab in a dialog box, colors and styles, and such.  Some elements do remember my last choice, but it seems to be completely random which remember and which reset every single use.

2. Please allow customization of the keyboard shortcuts for the tools.  Muscle memory still  rules, years later!  [My old fingers say... Type "w", click, say "oh crap", click on wand tool, get selection]

Many thanks to all the Affinity people for three terrific products!

-Tom

11 hours ago, Veggiebear said:

Please allow customization of the keyboard shortcuts for the tools.  Muscle memory still  rules, years later!  [My old fingers say... Type "w", click, say "oh crap", click on wand tool, get selection]

This is available in the Preferences.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Regarding your first point:

Search the forum for "sticky settings".

Windows 10 Pro x64 (1903). Intel Core i7-9700K @ 3.60GHz, 32 GB memory, NVidia RTX 2080
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471, Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

yes, PLEASE incorporate sticky settings. I feel like I'm constantly interrupting myself in my creative flow if I have to re-enter my crop ratio every time, or reset the lasso to "add," or whatever, every time. It's a real time waster. I love Affinity, but this particular aspect of Affinity really hampers my workflow.