You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Beta 173 - Eye Candy problems - MAS version vs betas

Interesting! Must be something else happening with your setup. There is a minor diff in my plugin path in that I have moved/installed my extra plugins into a new folder within the Applications folder and called it Photoshop Plugins. I have my Google Nik collection and Topaz plugins in there, then point Affinity to that folder. But the "unknown" status is the same as mine.

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 2.33.26 PM.jpg

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
MacBook Pro, 13", M1 2020 • 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

Well, hopefully Affinity support can help figure this out for you, once they catch up with the major issues evolving from the release of 1.8. Overall, they apparently did get plugins working for the most part for people reporting, but think there are still issues to be solved. Especially why EC won't work/open in a MAS version!

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020 i7 72GB) • AMD Radeon Pro 5700 XT 16 GB • macOS Ventura
iPad Air 2022

So I downloaded the trial version of 1.8.1 from the Affinity store on my old laptop (10.11).

Opened an image and ran Eye Candy.

It opened and worked but still no preview.

Just as a test EC works fine in CS6.

website

Mac mini (2018)  3.2 GHz Intel Core i7  64 GB • Radeon Pro 580 8 GB • macOS Monterey

Finally loaded up Photo MAS 1.8.1 and we still have the same problem as in MAS 1.7.3. EC will not launch. In the History, there is an entry for Plugin, but nothing happens.

And just as with MAS 1.7.3, in the betas of 1.7.3, 1.8.0 and 1.8.2 all will launch EC just fine, but the MAS versions will not. Global Authorization is selected, correct path to the plugins. Topaz and Goog Nik plugins launch fine in both the retail and betas. 

It seems that the MAS versions of Photo are the issue since all betas have not and currently do not have the problem.

--------------------

iPad Air 2022

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.