You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Background Gray Levels in Artboard Mode - Affinity Designer iPad

Does anyone know a way to make the background gray levels within Affinity  Designer for iPad  consistent, so it looks the same even when you create a new artboard?

Right now, the gray gets a lot lighter when I add a new artboard to my document and I cannot seem to find a way to make it darker. 

I’ve attached a short recording of my screen to illustrate the problem.

Thanks for any help! 

Also, Affinity Designer doesn’t remember my settings within the App when I close and open it again.

I normally have to turn on snapping every single time I lunch the app, it’s become a small annoyance.

• Staff

Hi AyoMartins,

Welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately there is no way to avoid the background colour change I'm afraid as when you create an Artboard the background becomes a pasteboard.

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• 3 months later...

But there is a way to adjust artboard gray level on Desktop, is there not?

Can we PLEASE have a darker background option for using artboards on the ipad?  I often design late at night and it really hurts the eyes to have the whole screen white (bright gray).

This is my number one request for Affinity iPad, please please please can this change

• 2 weeks later...

@Serif Plaease make this happen. This feature is very important. That's the first thing I set when I install any Affinity apps on Desktop. It would be nice if we could do the same on iPad. That light background is not good for battery or late night drawing / design sessions.

Branding, Identity Design, UI/UX Design.    |    https://whitex.design

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/8/2020 at 12:16 PM, Callum said:

Hi AyoMartins,

Welcome to the forums :)

Unfortunately there is no way to avoid the background colour change I'm afraid as when you create an Artboard the background becomes a pasteboard.

Thanks
C

It can be a ‘pasteboard’ and still be dark can it not?

• 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...

+1 for this. What is the reason for the change to lighter gray anyway? As said here, the change is pretty jarring.

It wouldn't be an issue at all if you could customize it, but as usual, the iPad version has some of the smaller desktop features/conveniences omitted for no apparent reason... 🙁

52 minutes ago, muchitto said:

omitted for no apparent reason... 🙁

Lol, I think it’s done to annoy us iPad users 😉

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...