You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

First composite

TuShae’

This was my first time using Affinity Photo on iPad.  It is my first composite of any sort which is a combination of a photo I took and replaced sky, painted colors to match sky and added stock photo of bird.  I’m completely new to this so it was a bit cumbersome because I was finding some difficulty getting app to do as I was wanting it to do.  For example....would choose the layer I was wanting to adjust exposure but it would adjust all layers, I’m sure was user error but still not sure as to what I was doing wrong.  Anyways, this is my end result, would love feedback and any pointers for correcting issues I was having.

2E0DCF81-CA80-4B12-9DC0-3B2C993B795B.png

• Staff

@TuShae’

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I've occasionally run across a similar misfunction (I think) that an effect was applied to all layers when I selected a particular one both in AD and AP. After re-starting the program, it no longer occurred. Nice work, b.t.w.

Home: https://vectorwhiz.com  : : : :  Portfolio blog: https://communicats.blogspot.com

On 1/7/2020 at 7:09 PM, TuShae’ said:

would choose the layer I was wanting to adjust exposure but it would adjust all layers

As far as I remember AP by default creates "global" Layer Adjustment so if you want to adjust just one layer you have to place the adjustment as a child layer by mouse.

The other option is to go to Assistant Manager and set "Add adjustment as child layer" which I did a long time ago.

would love feedback and any pointers for correcting issues I was having.

What about tinting the bird a bit to match the overall lighting..?