You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

That's an destructive filter. You probably would have to duplicate the object you applied that filter on, then apply the second filter to the copy and adjust layer blend modes accordingly.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

The first is not canceled out it is just less obvious, when you think about what is happening with adding a light we are not changing the overall average exposure but we lower the background exposure and increase it in the lit area. Do that with a second light and the background exposure is lowered more as is the first area lit by the first light. Play around with the blend modes and amount of transparency of the filter layers and you may be able to achieve what you want. An obvious choice would be for the filters to be set to Luminosity.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

21 hours ago, v_kyr said:

That's an destructive filter.

Unless I have misunderstood what the OP means by "Lighting filter," there is a Live filter version in the Layer > New Live Filter Layer submenu.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

23 minutes ago, R C-R said:

Unless I have misunderstood what the OP means by "Lighting filter," there is a Live filter version in the Layer > New Live Filter Layer submenu.

Well also just AFAI understanded which filter he probably means, don't know if he possibly meant instead another one. And yes, there is also a destructive one under the layers panel filter entries (for the one I meant), when scrolling down, which I rarely do and thus sometimes then overlook.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

1 hour ago, v_kyr said:

Well also just AFAI understanded which filter he probably means, don't know if he possibly meant instead another one.

I assumed from the comment about adding a new lighting filter on top of the other that this was about stacking live filters, but in retrospect I can see how that might be a poor assumption.

Hopefully the OP will get back to us with more info to clarify that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Maybe I am misunderstanding everything (quite often), but with the Live Filter Lighting you can add as many Lighting sources as you like?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff

Hi evtonic3,
It doesn't work that way. Each lighting filter you add will dim the photo more. Why are you trying using two live filters instead of one with two lights? Any use case for that?

[EDIT] Actually you can control/null the "dimming" effect, setting the Ambient light slider to 100%. Then use multiple lighting filters as you intended.[/EDIT]

10 minutes ago, MEB said:

Any use case for that?

Coloured lights and blend modes(?).

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

Sorry everyone, I should've also said I'm working with the LIVE Lighting filter this whole time. (I have to be better about this). But Yes thanks Bruce I've found out that I have more control of my LIVE lights when they're stacked. Here's how I do it. The first light added has to be normal. Then any new LIVE Lighting filter after that must be set to a layer blend mode of Screen to get the realistic effect. Other blend modes on the second light or more will change the effect-- like overlay gives some cool blended colored lights.

Screen Shot 2020-01-08 at 9.18.54 AM.png

17 minutes ago, MEB said:

... that seems like an edge case.

Most standard stuff started out as edge cases.

It really amazes me how much functionality is built into Photo. As an example I run away screaming in panic when I look at the Procedural Textures filter, I could have so much fun with it. Wish I paid more attention in maths (and retained more from it) lo those many decades passed.