You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hello friedeggstudios,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Go to menu Filters ▹ Sharpen ▹ High Pass...

For live filters, go to the Live Filters icon (the fourth counting from right) on the bottom of the Layers panel and select High Pass Filter from the second section.

You should have asked if they had the tool before assuming it wasn't there. It just makes you look ignorant. 

I may look also ignorant but have the same question :-( The Filter > Sharpen > High Pass is shown for Photo Persona, however disappeared for Develop Persona. What that means? Filters are not applied, cannot be used, somewhere in a different menu or I am missing something?

Leo

@ nucleonbge

See Develop Persona like like Adobe Camera RAW, and Photo Persona as your main workspace like Photoshop.

Camera RAW does not have the filter menu with High Pass filter, you have to do that in Photoshop.

It's the same with Affinity Photo, develop a RAW and then bring it into Photo Persona where you have all the tools and filters.

The nice thing with AP is that you can jump back and forth between the personas.

Cheers

@ nucleonbge

See Develop Persona like like Adobe Camera RAW, and Photo Persona as your main workspace like Photoshop.

Camera RAW does not have the filter menu with High Pass filter, you have to do that in Photoshop.

It's the same with Affinity Photo, develop a RAW and then bring it into Photo Persona where you have all the tools and filters.

The nice thing with AP is that you can jump back and forth between the personas.

Cheers

Thank you. That was my question. It seems, that some people know the answers for all question. It would be helpful to release a manual at the time of Photo was offered for purchase. As I have read that the Affinity team worked for five ears to develop Photo. It should be a basic manual or reference manual somewhere as the photo is not so intuitive. May be I just do not know where to find it. 

Leo

• Staff

Hi nucleonbge,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Have you checked the videos we have published? You can find them here. We will be adding more as we move forward.

There's also some good tutorials on our ezine Affinity Review. Additionally Affinity Photo's help covers all the tools and functions of the program in detail.

We are also planning a handbook for later. Hope this helps you get started.