You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Being able to change the num keys' behavior

Hi there,

I just finished my first illustration on Affinity Photo, and I can finally think I've found a good alternative to Adobe's softwares :D Especially one where I can recreate some of my long term habits from Adobe and remain efficient.

The only problem I encounter is that I'm really, really used to control the size of my tools with the 2 and 3 key on the top left of the pad (so, rather the é and "). I find it to be the most comfortable for me as my left hand is always around there on the keypad while I'm drawing (oh look, there's also the ctrl and z keys nearby 9_9).

Well, so, it was quite disturbing that these num keys, by default, control the tool opacity and you can't change it at all. For now I've combined them with "alt" to control the brush/eraser size but (when I don't forget to press alt) it sometimes creates a conflict with the color picker shortcut (and I'm also used to constantly pick colors with alt).

I don't know if I'm the only one wo needs to customize these keys but it would be really great if we could. Thank you and keep up the good work Serif ! :6_smile:

Edited by ysethil
mispelled "work" at the end