You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.8.0.163)

1 minute ago, ellj said:

It is explained in detail and I have I just feel like that Affinity has ignored me and chooses not to fix this for me. Anything that you create it doesn't work very well in general for me for a few versions now in general. I don't think that it needs a new topic either it just needs to be addressed and fixed fast since it has been an issue for a while it just needs to fixed even in the beta since it is the version in development right now just fix it finally for me since it was originally most likely broken with a previous version of a beta in development. It just seems like that Affinity is taking the Apple approach to issues thinking that everything is fine when it really isn't and needs to be fixed.

I looked at all of the posts you have made so far, and I did not see any explanation of the details. Sorry if I missed something, but I really do think that if you want something fixed you should create a topic and explain the problem in more detail.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

44 minutes ago, ellj said:

It appears to be an issue with layers for whatever reason the meta data must mess up for some reason that makes me not be able to apply it to it ...

Without explaining what specifically all those "if"'s refer to, I doubt anybody can help you get this sorted out. All I can tell you at this point is to repeat that applying styles to layers works, but the results depend on the kind of layers they are applied to & on the attributes of the style (custom or built-in) being applied.

Aside from that, maybe watching this Styles Explained - Affinity Photo YouTube video by Olivio Sarikas will help.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

2 hours ago, ellj said:

I just feel like that Affinity has ignored me and chooses not to fix this for me. 

Wow, that's some sense of entitlement there.

But you're probably right - they had a fix, but then somebody said "wait, hold up - Ellj. reported that, we don't want to fix things for him!"!

Makes perfect sense to me.

Edited by SteveB523
correct name

• Staff

@ellj - I have also looked through your posts and could only really find a reference to the missing Rainbow style, which R C-R offered a temporary workaround for.

Please report the other issue in the bugs section of the forum so this can be investigated correctly. This beta announcement thread really isn't the place to report bugs. Please follow this guide on how to effectively report a bug.

Thanks! 

Maybe a silly question - if I understand correctly, then a first collection of some lens profile corrections are coming in 1.8?  This would be great, although I use more zoom than fixed focus. But very keen on this feature.  But there currently is a form of correction in 1.7 - this lists only cameras models. So what's being corrected - the visual geometry for the sensor itself?  (I guess the correction effect for lenses could be much larger).

Or am I completely mistaken? :) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2020 at 3:52 PM, walt.farrell said:

I looked at all of the posts you have made so far, and I did not see any explanation of the details. Sorry if I missed something, but I really do think that if you want something fixed you should create a topic and explain the problem in more detail.

Yeah but like there isn’t a lot to talk about it it’s just to do is they don’t apply sometimes although sometimes it does seem to work so it’s funny in a sense even I don’t completely understand why either.

On 2/2/2020 at 5:47 PM, SteveB523 said:

Wow, that's some sense of entitlement there.

But you're probably right - they had a fix, but then somebody said "wait, hold up - Ellj. reported that, we don't want to fix things for him!"!

Makes perfect sense to me.

It’s not that I’m being rude or disrespectful it’s just when something bothers you or annoys it’s just something that should work more better than it does. Like it shouldn’t just decide to randomly work when it wants to or not work randomly when it doesn’t want to.

On 2/3/2020 at 3:28 AM, Chris B said:

@ellj - I have also looked through your posts and could only really find a reference to the missing Rainbow style, which R C-R offered a temporary workaround for.

Please report the other issue in the bugs section of the forum so this can be investigated correctly. This beta announcement thread really isn't the place to report bugs. Please follow this guide on how to effectively report a bug.

Thanks! 

Sure if you really think that I should report it to there then I will try and see about it if it’s more better there. I just thought it might be more better here considering that only so many updates before we have to pay again that if they could work on tweaking it a little bit more before that in the beta to see.

On 2/2/2020 at 4:32 PM, R C-R said:

Without explaining what specifically all those "if"'s refer to, I doubt anybody can help you get this sorted out. All I can tell you at this point is to repeat that applying styles to layers works, but the results depend on the kind of layers they are applied to & on the attributes of the style (custom or built-in) being applied.

Aside from that, maybe watching this Styles Explained - Affinity Photo YouTube video by Olivio Sarikas will help.

Is there anyway that it could work more better on layers all together I think that might be my issue that you just explained there? 

• Staff

Please can all readers of this thread download the latest beta build (from the announcement post pinned to the top of this forum), currently 1.8.0.165

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.