You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Working with a graphics tablet doesn't really work in AP 1.7.3

Hi there
I use Affinityphoto 1.7.3. It usually runs quite stable. Now I have bought a graphics tablet from Huion Q11Kv2 and when I use it with AP the operation works for about 2-5 minutes without problems and then AP starts to hang up.

Are there any settings that I still need to activate?

Does anyone else have this problem or the same graphics tablet and have no problems with it?

Andy

• Staff

Hi Andyneu,

I've not got the exact same model Huion here but i've just tried it with the Huion H58L and haven't had any issues.  Are you using a large sized brush?  Does the same happen if you reduce the brush size to say 10 pixels?

Also it's worth just checking this in the latest beta of Affinity Photo which can be downloaded from here: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/104165-affinity-photo-windows-customer-beta-180526/ . Just to see if the issue still happens.

It can also help to do a clean install of the drivers for the tablet, making sure to download the latest version from the Huion website.

Hi there
I downloaded the version of Ap 1.8.526 and experimented with it. However, I have not yet worked with the tablet. Here I am trying to get more current software / drivers and will reinstall everything again. What I can say about Ap 1.8.526 is a very good raw converter. However, I often have that the image becomes significantly darker after development. You can then pull it up again with the exposure filter. But is not completely clean. Nevertheless, this version of 1.7.3 is a significant further development

I developed this picture with ap 1.8.526

Berti_IMG_2961_vinette.afphoto

Berti_IMG_2961_vinette_3860x2755.jpg

Hi there,
now I have reinstalled the drivers for the Huion tablet. I saw that you have to specify the program used in the settings. In my case, I took AffintyPhoto, which then made the tablet work better, but after working a little longer and changing tools / brushes and sizes more often, situations arise where AP becomes extremely slow. Then only AP helps and restart. If you have a lot of bad luck, AP just closes without any error messages etc.

This is not really great and to work effectively with the tablet the performance has to be significantly better.

Adobe is much better here. But I put the Ap on it that catches up promptly. 

9_9