You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

In my opinion, deleting a page or layer in Affinity apps is too easy. Could there be a preference added that would allow the user to see a warning before deleting a page or layer? I know that the user can see if a layer is empty by its icon, but a simply touching the delete key can easily delete a layer without the user noticing. This is one of the few things I appreciated about Illustrator.

As to deleting a page, I found this morning that two complex double pages of a large doc I was working on until late last night are gone this morning. I must have deleted them without noticing. OK, it's my mistake for working late at night, but a "Do you want to delete this/these pages" would have saved me tons of time today. This could be a preference so that one could receive the message or not. Thanks for considering this.

Or perhaps save the history with the document. Downside, the file gets bigger. But you are right, at least an option for warnings would be nice. 

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Saving history has been a great help in the past, although it can become a very large list in the editing of a complex map that I do. Elsewhere there is a discussion about making this history option even more helpful by organizing it by date or even being able to organized it via some type of "layers." I cannot find the thread at the moment, but hope that Affinity is considering the suggestions made in it.

My problem with the above suggestions for both deleting pages and layers is that I must remember to check things out (such as the trash) before quitting, which can be  quite a task. Again, a simple preference of seeing a warning for deleting a page or a layer would be very helpful in this regard.

As long as this is an option that can be switched on – rather than something that is always on, or on by default – then this probably isn’t a bad idea.
It could be expanded by giving the user some sub-options, such as:
Warn when deleting:
* Artboards;
* Pages;
* Layers;
* Groups;
* Adjustments;
* Live Filters;
* etc.
This would give the user more control over what they could delete without getting a warning (to keep individual workflows streamlined), but I guess the number of sub-options could become very long.