You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi!

I have installed/saved several macros and luts on my affinity app on my iPad. Are there anyway I could transfer the program to another iPad. 

my only option seem to be to download the affinity photo app blank and then manually import al of the above again into the new app on the new iPad. This is extremely boring...:-)

The backup from iCloud only installed the “empty” app again.

any solutions or is it just keep on doing it manually....?

6 hours ago, Ginfizz said:

Hi!

I have installed/saved several macros and luts on my affinity app on my iPad. Are there anyway I could transfer the program to another iPad. 

my only option seem to be to download the affinity photo app blank and then manually import al of the above again into the new app on the new iPad. This is extremely boring...:-)

any solutions or is it just keep on doing it manually....?

Really don’t understand why it did not re-install completely, unless you had reduced the size of your backups on your old iPad to NOT backup Affinity?

If you still have your old iPad check in settings under iCloud —> Manage Storage —> Backups —> your iPad —> Choose data to backup and ensure Affinity is backed up. Also note a restore can  take several hours to complete after your iPad reboots so leave it overnight to complete the restore.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

Yes I Will keep both iPads. My old ones setting is of course to back all apps upp. Realy only have a few because I use it 95% for affinity photo:)

i Will try to do another instalation from the iCloud backup.  f. Its worth another try... I did try to delete the app from the new IPad and download it from apstore again, it didn’t do the trick,  but perhaps shouldt work anyhow?

13 minutes ago, Ginfizz said:

My old ones setting is of course to back all apps upp.

As long as you keep the same Apple ID, all your apps belong to you and can be re-downloaded, without the need to keep on old iPad.  Depending on storage size, you could turn iCloud off and use the Files App to store files.  If or when needed, Air Prop, iMessage or email.  A lot of possibilities with old iPad.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

5 hours ago, Cecil said:

can be re-downloaded, without the need to keep on old iPad.

You can even leave apps installed and use them on both iPads without issue. 

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

6 hours ago, Cecil said:

As long as you keep the same Apple ID, all your apps belong to you and can be re-downloaded, without the need to keep on old iPad.  Depending on storage size, you could turn iCloud off and use the Files App to store files.  If or when needed, Air Prop, iMessage or email.  A lot of possibilities with old iPad.

Perhaps I was A bit unclear in my question, sorry Cecil. The Problem was to have all my macros and luts transfered between the ipads IN the affinity app without hassle. I do not have a problem regarding how to save files in different places. And you can’t save an app in files or email.

49 minutes ago, DM1 said:

You can even leave apps installed and use them on both iPads without issue. 

Perhaps I was unclear in my original question. I have two iPads with the affinity app on them. Now, in my home.

The problem is that on one iPad affinity photo App is totally empty of my luts and macros that I’ve imported over some time on the app on the old iPad. 
I know how to get them there manually so I dont need help with that.

4 hours ago, Ginfizz said:

Perhaps I was A bit unclear in my question, sorry Cecil. The Problem was to have all my macros and luts transfered between the ipads IN the affinity app without hassle. I do not have a problem regarding how to save files in different places. And you can’t save an app in files or email.

Perhaps I was unclear in my original question. I have two iPads with the affinity app on them. Now, in my home.

The problem is that on one iPad affinity photo App is totally empty of my luts and macros that I’ve imported over some time on the app on the old iPad. 
I know how to get them there manually so I dont need help with that.

Sorry you were perfectly clear.  I was just responding to your statement about keeping your old iPad and suggested that it could be a  valuable resource.  You stated you would used it to backup your old iPad.  Apple provides that service free of charge.  No need, unless that is your intention.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

22 hours ago, Ginfizz said:

On 1/7/2020 at 2:26 AM, Ginfizz said:

I would have thought that the backup (apps and data) and then restore of backup to new iPad would have included LUTs and macros in backup.

There are some third party desktop apps that can copy and move data between idevices. IMazing is one,  Easus mobimover (freeby) is another.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/