You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity photo exported to PDF on MacOS - preview looks incorrect

I'm new to Affinity Photo (switching from PhotoShop) - I'm very impressed so far!

I imported an existing PSD file, modified one of the layers, saved the file, then exported it to PDF.  I opened the PDF in MacOS's preview app, and the output has extraneous large white lines in it.  I've attached a screenshot of Affinity Photo (which looks perfect), and of 2 previews (that show  problems).  I tried export, export for print and export flatten, and each of the pdfs looks incorrect (though with different looking errors, as you can see below).  It looks like the correct data is there, since if I tell preview to show me the thumbnail, it looks good.  Is there some specific setting for exporting PDFs that I need to set?  I normally work in RGB (as the currently attached images are), and then when ready to sent to the print shop, convert to CMYK - so any settings for export would need to be good with CMYK exports as well.

I've not attached the Affinity photo file, as it is > 80MB, but I can do so if that's helpful.

MacOS 10.12.6, NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024MB

Affinity Photo 1.7.3

Thanks for any help!!

Sandra

afphoto.png

preview.png

previewprint.png

thumbnail.png

Like @DWright found, both pdfs open and display for me without problem, using pdf XChange Editor.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

Not sure if this is helpful but the posted PDF’s both open correctly for me using Preview and other apps that can open PDFs on my Mac using macOS 10.14.6 and on an older Mac using OS10.11.6.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

I'm viewing the PDFs in Preview  -  Version 9.0 (909.18)

I tried opening it in Safari, and it looks incorrect - Version 12.1.2 (12607.3.10)

But when I opened it in Acrobat Reader, it looks fine.

This is odd - anyone have an idea why Preview (which normally has been a very solid viewer for me), and Safari (likewise) would show incorrect output?

Thanks