You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Today I have purchased copy of Aff-Photo from Apple store.

To my surprise Photoshop filters version CC and 2015 do NOT work.

All seems to be in order however no way to see Ph Plug-ins to open.

All of these PH Plug-Ins on the other hand work flawlessly in CC and 2015 versions.

Where is the problem please.

Also. Plug-Ins instillers don't see Aff-Photo application.

Please Help.

Thank you.

• Staff

Hi jVh,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Photoshop plug-in support is still being improved. Currently only some plug-ins are working correctly.

Plug-in developers can only help with compatibility issues if there's a commercial version available for testing/debugging. So we are still on the beginning of this process.

Soon we will provide a list of compatible filters and we will be adding new ones to the list as we move forward.

First of all I LOVE AFFI-Photo for innovative approach to image manipulation ... to say that I have NO problem to wait for improvements in Plug-Ins "department" ....

to say that I will appreciate at least to know which Plug-Ins work right now as we speak ... do you know that please ?  :)

P.s. I have tested NIK as well as Topaz no positive result. ( I am not mentioning other PH Pl-ins )

Mind you that without Plug-Ins this application regardless how promising it is, without those PH plug-Ins this app is very much useless !!!

@jVh,

Nik and Topaz filter do work with Affinity Photo. You need to set the path for the plug-in support folder to '/'. Information on how to do this available in the Affinity Photo help file 

I did that, but invoking a NIK module crashes the system. And so does DxO viewpoint. It all works fine in PS.

I can tell, as soon as these problems are solved I will probably end my PS CC photography plan subscription and will switch to Affinity.

I can confirm that Topaz Clarity, DeNoise, Detail and InFocus work on my 2011 MBP running Mavericks (10.9.5).  Invoking InFocus has crashed AP though, on occasion.

I created a separate folder for Affinity Photo plug-ins (and pointed AP to it) and set the path for the plug-in support to "/" as instructed.  The first time the Topaz pug-ins were called, the license was required.

kirk

What ever I do just few PH Plugins actually work. ... I am heading for refund. 

BY THE WAY  the ( '/' ) did work but still just for few NIK plugins.

:ph34r:   :wub:   :ph34r: 

About plugins

Using plugins in Affinity Photo requires two key steps: installation of the plugin on your computer, then linking to the plugin within Affinity Photo.

To link to the plugin you'll need to target the .plugin file itself, then allow supporting files, necessary for the plugin to operate, to be accessed.

Due to the varying standard of third-party plugins, you may experience problems when using this feature. This is beyond Serif's control, so we recommend that you save your work before using plugins, then test your plugins before commencing.

To link to your plugin file:

1. From the Affinity Photo menu, select Preferences.

2. Select the PhotoShop Plugins tab.

Under the Plugin search folders box, click Add Folder, then navigate to the parent folder that contains the .plugin file. For example, this could be in a PhotoShop folder such as /Applications/Adobe PhotoShop CS6/Plug-ins.

You can add as many plugins as you like by repeating the above process.

To allow access to supporting plugin files:

1. From the PhotoShop Plugins tab, under the Plugin support folders box, click Add Folder.

2. Press G to bring up the Go to the folder input box.

Type '/'.

Press Go.

Press OK.

Press Close.

Restart Affinity Photo for the changes to take effect.

To apply an installed plugin:
  • From the Filters menu, select the plugin from the plugins flyout.

OK so this truly works however only for certain plug-ins. Not all NIK software nor Topaz plug-ins do work.

At the point of 

1. From the PhotoShop Plugins tab, under the Plugin support folders box, click Add Folder.
  3. It does not work for me as pressing G does not do anything.
  4. The funny thing is that I have done this before but cannot remember how to enter the /.

website

Mac mini (2018)  3.2 GHz Intel Core i7  64 GB • Radeon Pro 580 8 GB • macOS Monterey

At the point of 

3. It does not work for me as pressing G does not do anything.
  4. The funny thing is that I have done this before but cannot remember how to enter the /.

You have to also press shift and command at the same time as G ^_^