You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Danish spellcheck and hyphenation dictionaries

Hi 

I wrote about help just  before but for some reasons I don't see it here. So I try again. 

Need help to get the Danish spellcheck and hyphenation dictionaries working on afpub. I tried to download it from openoffice dict-da-current.oxt but it doesn't work. 

https://extensions.openoffice.org/en/project/danish-spellcheck-and-hyphenation-dictionaries

I have read how to install it and did it that way. Doesn anyone has a better link from where it works. Thanks.

Hi Strokerg

Thanks. I still have problems with Hyphenation dictionaries and downloading them from github.com 

I keep using word since there is no problem with spellchecking, hyphetanion, word count etc. It works.

Even though I was hoping to use AP in future for book layout but maybe it will be improved a LOT in the coming updates :-) so people will USE AP in stead :-)

I think most people who are not dealing with programming appriciate that dictionaries etc just work in a programme they use. We are used to it like Pages, word etc. 

3 minutes ago, MEMO said:

use AP in future for book layout

Only for information - AP (APh) is Affinity Photo, Affinity Publisher is APu. Try move mouse over application abbreviation.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

That's odd, not sure what preferences is supposed to change (assumed language!), but from this screenshot not much! Set to "Dansk" but pretty much all underlined as errors, and clearly still English. Still a newbie myself and finding my way around, slowly!

.669912824_Screenshot2020-01-05at10_50_41PM.thumb.png.9a1c3196e3dd4144323c28cf810ad3f6.png

EDIT - Hang on, just noticed the "Language" selector, bottom right..... It was still set to English (even though preferences changed). I set it to "Dansk" and it seems to work:

Screenshot 2020-01-05 at 10.56.49 PM.png

Edited by Geoff777
More info!

And Language in Character panel on right is?

If you created the text frame before installing the Dansk language, it will remain in English. It is possible to create text frames with different languages.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

5 minutes ago, Geoff777 said:

That's odd, not sure what preferences is supposed to change (assumed language!), but from this screenshot not much! Set to "Dansk" but pretty much all underlined as errors, and clearly still English.

You would need to tell Publisher that your text is in Danish. In the Character Panel (or in the Character section of a Text Style definition) you can set the spelling language and the hyphenation language.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

6 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

You would need to tell Publisher that your text is in Danish. In the Character Panel (or in the Character section of a Text Style definition) you can set the spelling language and the hyphenation language.

Thanks Walt, just found that out and we were typing at the same time. :D

• 1 year later...

@stokerg

• Technical Support

Hi Memo and Welcome to the Forums,

The steps on this link should work.  If not, please report back with any problems and your system specs and we can help further :) 

Hey @Stokerg or someone else :D

You link to what is the solution to install new dictonaries in Publisher, thats great. Is it possible for you to explain what we read in there so a newbie and none coder can understand it. ex I have no clue what xx_XX is, where do I copy dic, aff and Hyph, do I copy the link or all the code ? And in the link I cant finde Hyph_xx_XX.dic?

Before copying your files to this folder you will need to create a subfolder with its name in the format of xx_XX ( substituting xx_XX for the locale id ). Once you’ve done this you can copy your xx_XX.dic, xx_XX.aff and hyph_xx_XX.dic files to the subfolder.

Please show and exact procedure change the X's and describe actions and program used ? :D

Thank you for your time

Best regards Ston3y

This is my string.afphoto

this is in the folder.afphoto

Edited by Ston3y