You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

After New Laptop No Longer Shows Curves or Levels

After getting a new laptop I installed affinity on the new mac running Catalina.  Now it no longers shows the levels of where the colors are in the level or curve control.  I never had this issue with my other mac. See diagram.  No matter what I do it will not display. Shown is the level control.  Curves do the same things.  It makes it difficult to adjust as you don't know where it clips.

Screenshot 2020-01-03 20.49.19.png

Sorry to ask the obvious question, have you selected the appropriate level for adjustment?  Restart AP, holding Control, keep top three items checked.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection 

What are the settings in the Preferences Performance tab and do histograms display in other apps.

Also does the histogram display in develop persona?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

There might be still some glitches due to the newest OSX Catalina and Metal acceleration in this case, however did you tried what happens if you use the integrated GPU instead of the dedicated one? Also I think "Dither gradients" isn't needed or enabled as default.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

For testing purposes can you drop the Display option to OpenGL, this will require a restart of Affinity Photo. Once Affinity Photo has restarted test the display of the histogram, if it's still the same you can change it back to Metal. Another option would be with metal selected as the Display method uncheck Metal Acceleration and test again.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions