You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

bug line

Fzyn

I made a 64px x 64px artboard and I made a 2pt line and see what happens. this is a line bug not on the artboard, this line problem is very serious to me

( LINE BIG)

I made a 64px x 64px artboard and I made a 2pt line and see what happens. this is a line bug not on the artboard, this line problem is very serious to me

and the second example I tried on Adobe Illustrator

aaa.PNG

asdasd.PNG

Hi,

without the original file it is hard to find the cause of the problem. However, two hints:

If you use px as unit for your overall design than you better stick to it when defining the line width. pt is a typographic unit. Its actual representation in px depends on the document settings.

In Illustrator you used a rectangle while you used the rounded rectangle in Designer. This might explain differences as well.

Best, V.

What "Type" and "Page Preset" did you specify when creating each of those documents?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

The 32x32 file is 72 DPI, but the 64x64 file is 300 DPI.

I think you're seeing two things happening:

1. Your strokes are aligned to center, which means that 1/2 of the stroke lies outside the artboard and is hidden. If you change the alignment to inside you will see the complete stroke.
  2. As @VolkerMB said, points are a typographic unit, with an absolute size defined as 1⁄72 of an international inch (about 0.353 mm). Mixing point and pixel measurements can give unexpected (but correct, I think) results, especially when the document DPI is different. In this case, you have a 2pt stroke in both documents. A 2pt stroke at 72 DPI will be 2px, too. But a 2pt stroke at 300 dpi will be 8.3px (2 * (300/72)).

There's a Preferences setting, under User Interface, that controls the dimensions shown for lines. It's more obvious what's happening in your files if that option is off, I think, so that lines are shown in the document units rather than in points:
image.png.2376fc9ab3b60b8bbe33f3c5e0559c32.png

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

You're welcome.

-- Walt
PC: