You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Red Box around Images and graphics Prints out?

Hallo, Am confused, came back to an old file and printed it out.  I have no idea what on earth this red outline is that surrounds the graphics (have moved the graphic out of the way so you can see).  Searched everywhere including the Help, searched throughout the document and print settings and have no clue what on earth it is doing there.

Thankyou

Chris.

Capture.JPG

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

From the color, they are Snapping Candidates. If you turn off Snapping, or turn off Show Snapping Candidates in your Snapping options, do they go away?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

32 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

From the color, they are Snapping Candidates. If you turn off Snapping, or turn off Show Snapping Candidates in your Snapping options, do they go away?

Hallo Walt, hope things are fine with you.  I looked at the snapping manager dialogue, and there are no options for turning off or on any "Snapping canddates"  It just simply says "Candidates"  with 4 options that I don't know what they mean anyway.  When I copied the graphics into another document and then minimized the graphics, those red bounding boxes did not move, so now they are printing over my minimized graphics.  I do not know if there is a clue here, that they were copied over with the graphics. 

Microsoft - Like entering your home and opening the stainless steel kitchen door, with a Popup: 'Do you really want to open this door'? Then looking for the dishwasher and finding it stored in the living room where you have to download a water supply from the app store, then you have to buy microsoft compliant soap, remove the carpet only to be told that it is glued to the floor.. Don't forget to make multiple copies of your front door key and post them to all who demand access to all the doors inside your home including the windows and outside shed.

Apple - Like entering your home and opening the oak framed Kitchen door and finding the dishwasher right in front you ready to be switched on, soap supplied, and water that comes through a water softener.  Ah the front door key is yours and it only needs to open the front door.

Just now, Chris26 said:

Hallo Walt, hope things are fine with you.  I looked at the snapping manager dialogue, and there are no options for turning off or on any "Snapping canddates"  It just simply says "Candidates"  with 4 options that I don't know what they mean anyway.  When I copied the graphics into another document and then minimized the graphics, those red bounding boxes did not move, so now they are printing over my minimized graphics.  I do not know if there is a clue here, that they were copied over with the graphics. 

If you turn off Show Candidates the purple lines should disappear, there is a number which will show the most recent 2 (or 6) layers/objects you had selected or created and they will be outlined in purple if you have Show Candidates On.

1101571369_ScreenShot2020-01-03at9_22_53AM.thumb.png.b53c164613415cc29e894aa6634e0f49.png   134613298_ScreenShot2020-01-03at9_23_39AM.thumb.png.6f1e6b94874e1c836a05ca63b3f487ba.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi Bruce,  I have never had these on, ever.  Here is a screen shot, running through the drop down list there is nothing selected.  Plus the bounding boxes are Red not purple.

Capture.JPG

1 minute ago, Chris26 said:

Plus the bounding boxes are Red not purple.

It is difficult, in my experience, to accuratey describe that color in a way that all users agree on :)

If you turn off Snapping completely, do the colored boxes disappear?

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

7 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

It is difficult, in my experience, to accuratey describe that color in a way that all users agree on :)

If you turn off Snapping completely, do the colored boxes disappear?

Hi Walt, I turned off snapping, and also absolutely nothing is selected, no candidates or anything.  The Red box is still there.  It is the inner one, I have removed all margins, the out red line is the snipping tool I used.

Capture.JPG.6bef83d1964ffaa43a36ed7149258d8c.JPG

Thanks. I'm out of ideas, unless you can share the actual Affinity file with us.

-- Walt
PC:

6 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Thanks. I'm out of ideas, unless you can share the actual Affinity file with us.

I have removed personal details and have removed all margins.  Also moved bottom left image so that you can see that nasty red box better. It is 9 Mb so not too big.

TextileUpload.afpub

Mike and Bruce, Seriously....Did I miss that?  My immediate thoughts when I read your posts were, "Whaaaat, why did I not bother looking at the Layers pallette, how stupid,"  thankyou all of you, I really do appreciate the time you took to have a look.  I am sorry that I wasted your time on something I should have done.