You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher - color checking

Hey, 

is there a way to easily check what color a selected text or object is (in AfPublisher)?

Text must be 100K for printing. For this I use the predefined color ....

So far I check this by using the individual color channels via Studiolink in AfPhoto. Can I check this directly in AfPublisher?
Thank you

See:

Dependent on a documents setup color space (it's used ICC profile) and a possibly PDF export then, also some external tool like Adobe Acrobat might be useful for used color inspection/verifications here too.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

22 minutes ago, Eisbar said:

Joachim - did I missed something? A seperation-manager? I can´t find it anywhere...

Sorry, I was too lazy quoting from v_kyr. The Separation panel is on my personal wishlist and not available right now.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

10 hours ago, Eisbar said:

Can I check this directly in AfPublisher?

FWIW, there is a multi-step process that will do this in any Affinity app:

If you double-click on either of the large round color sample wells that appear in the Colors or Swatches studio panels (or in the Tools panel if you have it set to show two or more columns) the Color Chooser window will open. This window has its own color eyedropper that works just like the ones in the Colors & Swatches panels. When you drop it onto any pixel in the document its small color sample well picks up that color. Click on that small well & the window will update to display the sampled color in four formats (RGB, HSL, RGB Hex, & CMYK).

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

2 hours ago, Eisbar said:

But I am not quite sure if I understand you! Maybe a picture?

Double-click on either of the large round color sample wells, for example this one in the Swatches panel:

375163581_Swatchespanel.jpg.3558d4d824d02f1e91797a6ba0925d46.jpg

That will open the Color Chooser window:

1359614924_colorchooser.jpg.992ea7a3244301fb0c1845ff8cded91a.jpg 

Dropping the eyedropper picker on a pixel in the document places the color of that pixel in the small round sampler (above showing a green from previous sample) next to the eyedropper (same as if you used the eyedropper in the Color or Swatches panel). Then if you click on the eyedropper or the small round sampler, the color values in the Color Chooser window will update.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7