You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

export pdf changes in resolution

Hi,

I have a file in Publisher and Designer that is 2904 x 2240 at 264 ppi. When I export a PDF from either Publisher or Designer, the resolution changes to 610 x 795. Why?

How might I maintain the pixel sizes and the 264 resolution on export for pdf.

Thanks all,

• Staff

Hi dCip :)

4 hours ago, dCip said:

When I export a PDF from either Publisher or Designer, the resolution changes to 610 x 795. Why?

Am I correct in assuming the 'resolution' you're referring to is the reported resolution from 'Get Info'? If this is the case, this resolution here is shown in Points.

The 'Get Info' showing your PDF in 'Points' for resolution is unfortunately not something that can be set by Affinity Publisher, or any application. This dialog uses 'Points' to calculate the resolution as this is how PDFs are measured, according to their original specification. This means that regardless of where or how a PDF is created (including through Apples own 'Pages' app), the resolution will always be displayed in 'Points' through 'Get Info' and as far as I'm aware there's no option to change this setting through Mac OS, my apologies.

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!