You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

brush won't accept color swatch

Are you accidentally pressing X which switches the colours

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I would use Roy's advice from "The IT Crowd" and 'turn it off and on again'. I too use Mac with a Wacom and while I can't rule out the Wacom doing something weird this seems like something is corrupted inside the OS and Wacom and Affinity. I occasionally get weird things happening which are solved by a machine restart. I can never figure out what I did to cause the behaviour but the restart makes it go away.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

You're probably right about the AP OS Wacom issue. I just upgraded my wacom driver in hopes that it would stop which required a restart. Didn't stop the issue. Now my wacom settings won't work in psd cs6. I suspect this is because I'm on os sierra which is not photoshop cs6 friendly. The only thing that is working ok is Painter 2019 which has it's onset of not friendly stuff but at least Waccom is ok

33 minutes ago, kat said:

I just upgraded my wacom driver

Oh [colourful expression] so did I.

Back after a quick check and I don't have your problems but I am on OS 10.14.6

During my check I tried to mess things up and found that I could if I changed the three settings below (taken from your screenshot):

1614504543_ScreenShot2020-01-02at2_39_30PM.thumb.png.eb34f556934a0319b562139a86741fe3.png

Could you try changing the Pop-up menus on the right to None, even though you have 0% set it may have an effect.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

2 hours ago, Old Bruce said:

Could you try changing the Pop-up menus on the right to None, even though you have 0% set it may have an effect

Similar to bank’s zero service fees.

Cecil 

iMac Retina 5K, 27”, 2019. 3.6 GHz Intel Core 9, 40 GB Memory DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB, macOS,iPad Pro iPadOS

Continuous improvement is better than delayed perfection