You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm working on AD using pen tool and note tool. I'm also using the snap to node feature to make sure objects notes are exactly contiguous whenever required. When I want two pieces to be exactly contiguous (no overlap, no gap) I move the node and wait for the yellow highlight to the node of the other object before releasing the node.

However, there seems to be a gap between objects as on the picture. Why is that? How can I get rid of these gaps?

2020-01-02.png

Edited by BenjiGameDev
spelling

I think this is something to do with antialiasing and can sometimes be overcome with Blend Ranges (use that term in the Help search) but I’ve never been able to understand them well enough to get it to work as I would hope (I probably haven’t put enough time into learning what’s going on). That might be a staring point but I can’t really advise further on this.

If the adjacent shapes are the same color then doing a boolean add is probably the best way to take care of the issue.  Seeing as that's usually not the case for me what I do is with the node tool move the nodes on the bottom shape so they underlap the upper by a nudge or two.  That way it doesn't matter what the background color is or if the shapes are different colors/gradients.  The problem is about the same as if you wanted to use a blur to soften the transition between one shape and another but don't want the lower layer color bleeding through (though then I'd be moving the nodes of the top layer so they overlap the lower).

1252221082_ScreenShot2020-01-02at7_40_08AM.png.1f874d91079a1d59ead6807ce3ff2d50.png41404409_ScreenShot2020-01-02at7_40_26AM.png.e8903b1c5c2ab3df341807d79a73c43d.png

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra