You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dynamically Insert Pictures and Objects

I'm having a monstrous problem. I've added all the pictures and I now need to delete the empty picture and text frames.  I tried every way I know to unlink the objects on pages 7 and 8 but nothing works.  I've tried assigning a new master to one of the pages and that wrecks the document.  I've tried inserting a new page with a blank master between 7 and 8, but the link from page 7 jumps the new page and continues to link to the objects on page 8. Reallly frustrating! Please advise.

TEMP.afpub

I woke up this morning with a solution in mind and it worked very simply.  I just put the cursor in a text block and hit enter.  This clears the text block and moves all the downstream boxes out of sequence.  Then I just go to the next text block and delete the text.  Everything then moves back in place. 

By the way, Affinity does a beautiful job with number fields on Masters.  It's simple and the number of every page in a doc changes when a new page is created anywhere.