You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2 Issues with Crop-Tool in Panorama-Function [Affinity Photo Windows-Version 1.7.3.481]

Hallo and happy new Year!

When I stitch a panorama an use the Crop-Tool there are 2 Issues:

1. After using the button "An gedeckter Fläche zuschneiden" (I think in english it's called: "crop to opaque") the Grid always behaves like "original size" no matter which mode is selected. I cannot move single points without changing the others. In earlier Program-Versions it worked correctly.

2. If I klick on the Button "Vorgaben" ("settings" between "cancel" and Mode) Affinity Photo crashes.

• Staff

Hi @Thomas S,

1. I'm not entirely sure why it works like that. By default, when you click on Crop to Opaque, the mode should be "Unconstrained". If yours is different, can you please attach a screen recording of your workflow?
  2. We are aware of this issue and it has already been logged with our developers. 

Hi Gabe,

ok, i tried to record that. I started with stitching pictures to a panorama. Then i klick on the crop tool. As you see, the mode is "uneingeschränkt" (must be "unconstrained" in english). This is default.

First i klick on "crop to opague", because that is the minimum area i want to get as result. Usually i choose the inpainting-function next and then i try to expand the grid to get more of the picture - including transparent areas. But here is the problem. Even with mode "uneingeschränkt" selected by default the grid behaves like original size, if i pull the markers.

But i found out something new: If i change the mode to any other mode and switch back to "uneingeschränkt" it works as it should. But if i klick on "crop to opague" again, it behaves as original size like before. You see the mode in the video. Seems as if the Button "crop to opague" resets the mode to "original size" but still displays "unconstrained".

Just testet the other button "an begrenzung zuschneiden". Same effect.