You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Blury image while drawing

Greetings I’m a fresh user)

I’m coming from photoshop and I found all the necessary tools I need For drawing in affinity photo.

The only problem I found so far that is bugging me is that when I draw a something, as long as my stroke goes the image turnes slightly blurry. 
I used the affinity designer for a while and dint engage this problem there. Maybe the file size was smaller. However I like affinity photo more as it has more tools I like to use.
I’m using iPad Pro 12.9 256mb (if I’m right it is 4gb ram).

• Staff

Hi Yuri.art.haifa,

It sounds like this is just the app rendering the stroke. Please could you provide a screen recording so I can confirm this?

Thanks

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

If you're comparing Photo to Designer, are you perhaps seeing a difference between raster brushes (Photo) and vector brushes (Designer)?

Have you tried with the Pixel Persona in Designer to see how that compares?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I agree with Walt, the most obvious difference between Designer and Photo is vector painting is default for Designer and pixel painting is default for Photo.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

On 1/4/2020 at 2:29 PM, walt.farrell said:

If you're comparing Photo to Designer, are you perhaps seeing a difference between raster brushes (Photo) and vector brushes (Designer)?

Have you tried with the Pixel Persona in Designer to see how that compares?

11 hours ago, Paul Mudditt said:

I agree with Walt, the most obvious difference between Designer and Photo is vector painting is default for Designer and pixel painting is default for Photo.

Thanks for reply. No, I know the difference between vector and rastr. Also I’v got the idea of switching between personas. I’m an advanced user))

The bug is in affinity photo, and no such bug in affinity designer (as much as I know). But I like to use affinity photo as there are deformation tools, warp tools and liquify which are working funny but I actually like it)