Jump to content
brseavey

Changing the format of output file

Recommended Posts

I was under the impression that the output file format could be changed at any time. When I went to output my project it seems the only option is to print it as a PNG file. Can I channge it to PDF without starting all over again?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your choices for output are:

  • File > Save, which is mainly used to save an Affinity native-format file, .afphoto or .afdesign or .afpub.
  • File > Export, which is used to save a JPG, TIFF, or PNG image, or a PDF, PSD, EPS, SVG, or several other kinds of document file
  • File > Print, which is used to make a printed copy, or sometimes to print to a PDF driver that gives you another way of making a PDF.

Which of those are you trying to do?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, brseavey said:

I was under the impression that the output file format could be changed at any time. When I went to output my project it seems the only option is to print it as a PNG file. Can I channge it to PDF without starting all over again?

File > Export

And then, choose PDF in the export list of choices.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Your choices for output are:

  • File > Save, which is mainly used to save an Affinity native-format file, .afphoto or .afdesign or .afpub.
  • File > Export, which is used to save a JPG, TIFF, or PNG image, or a PDF, PSD, EPS, SVG, or several other kinds of document file
  • File > Print, which is used to make a printed copy, or sometimes to print to a PDF driver that gives you another way of making a PDF.

Which of those are you trying to do?

I found out that I need "print" not "export". Print allows me to create a PDF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, brseavey said:

I found out that I need "print" not "export". Print allows me to create a PDF

Printing to pdf isn't an Affinity feature - it will be available via some other software you've installed.  Exporting to pdf from Affinity will give you much more control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Please note the Annual Company Closure section in the Terms of Use. These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.