You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Found some more bugs for both mouse and tablet pen commands

Been trying the latest Beta for a few days and found a couple of bugs and other weird behaviours. I already reported on one bug where alt+R click+L click does not work, but I realized that the bug is more complicated than that after trying out other things. Here's a list of things that behave weirdly with tablet pens using R click and L click right now:

- You can't change brush size/hardness.

- You can't toggle between size/hardness, brush rotation, and shape/spacing using shift+alt+R click+L click.

- You can't create L click commands that can simulate mouse clicks without any pen pressure. Here's a demonstration of what are supposed to be the same commands done with a tablet pen and mouse respectively. The behaviour is quite strange.

As for using mouse only, I noticed that sometimes the program freezes when trying to change brush size/hardness using alt+R click+L click. When this happens you can't interact with any menu or tool or even close the program without using the Windows Task Manager. I have however not been able to reliably reproduce this software freeze, so all the advice I can give is to work on any project for a long session and keep working while changing brush size/hardness with alt+R click+L click using your mouse. Eventually the bug should appear.

31 minutes ago, PaulAffinity said:

I use Wacom Bamboo Pen Touch CTH-460. I assigned ALT+right click to pen button 1. It lets me adjust hardness and width in Beta. HTH.

My Wacom Cintiq 13" HD tablet does not work however. I use hover click to reduce wear and tear btw. In the past I've been able to remove the bugs completely while shutting down Windows Ink, but that is not an ideal solution since I need it.

@altae Does it work for you then? Been trying all the Affinity Betas right now and they all share the same issue. They are also all tied to Windows Ink. Granted, it is better to have it on than off, but there is definitely something going on with Windows Ink and Affinity that is completely unique to Affinity alone.

I really hope the devs will be able to replicate and solve the problem. :)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.