You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please add numeric field for value of "Noise" (with fill or stroke colour or gradient stop colours)

As the possibility of adding "Noise" to colours is in fact very useful, I dearly miss to set the amount of noise to a chosen and controlable numeric value.

Though it often may be enough to set the amount of noise in certain colours just visually, it seems quite desirable to be able to set a consistent and exact equal amount of noise for colours of objects which are somehow related.

I noted that (especially in conical gradients) it may be quite crucial to set exactly the same amonut of noise to the gradient stops on the the "ends" of the gradient as these two eventually meet to close the circle with thes kind of gradients. But even so, I think it's not exactly plausible why you SHOULDN'T have precise and reproducible control of such a visually prominent feature...

BTW:
Though I obviously discovered it eventually I do not really understand why the "Noise" control is "hidden" the way it is "behind" the fill's or stroke's opacity control so you can always see one of them at the same time. It would be much nicer to be able to see both settings at the same glance.

Edited by Lorox
clarification & typos