You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo crashes when I hide an adjustment layer and afterwards show it again.

Photo crashes when I hide an adjustment layer and afterwards show it again.

I can reproduce the issue by performing the following steps:

1. Navigate to the curves adjustment layer in the group
  2. Double click onto the layer and reset the curves
  3. Close the dialog
  4. Hide the curves adjustement layer in the layers dock
  5. Tick the visibility checkbox in the layers dock again in order to show the adjustment layer [crash]

DSC07775-Bearbeitet.afphoto

@jackmcbrezel,

Using your file it does cause a crash. However trying to replicate it, building the file from scratch, I can not make the program crash. I even used an image file, added a rectangle, deleted the image. From there finished building it, and following your instructions I could not make AP crash.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

@Imaginary & @Ron P. thanks for checking my file.

I fear I cannot precisely reproduce all steps that I did as I was playing around with some editing techniques. What I can say is that I got the original image into Photo from Adobe lightroom 5 via the "Open in external editor" function as a psd file. Then I duplicated the background layer and added some more layers (e.g. a red rectangle which I put into a group) and adjustment layers. I'll see if I can get reproduce the problem.

And perhaps for someone who can debug the application it's not a big deal to find the issue (for me it looks like some null-reference or similar bug in the code).