You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Luminosity shift issue in HSL adjustment (Affinity Photo)

Hi there,

I recently bought Affinity Photo and I'm trying to understand how it performs in my workflow as a substitute of Ps. Apparently there's a strange behaviour in the luminosity shift adjustment when you choose a single color and not the master option.

I attached a few screenshots to illustrate the problem:

1)  affinity_before_correction.png shows the image when opened with AP (I used a .psd file);

2)  affinity_w_correction.png shows the image when a slight luminosity shift of -10% is applied to the yellow color, the problem I'm referring to is the appearance of those grey "artifacts";

3) ps_w_similar_correction.png shows the image when a "similar" correction is applied in Ps, I say similar because I don't know if the corrections in the two programs are comparable in magnitude. Consider that such a problem never shows up in Ps even with huge corrections in the same channel.

As a final remark let me say that I tried different images from different cameras and in different channels finding always the same pattern (even with positive luminosity shifts).

Is there a real issue here? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks a lot for your answer,

Paolo

P.S.: let me say that in all other aspects I tried, the program works very well. Good job! 

post-13861-0-16802600-1436699477_thumb.png

post-13861-0-49764600-1436699484_thumb.png

post-13861-0-06382300-1436699491_thumb.png

• 7 months later...