You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Basic Tapered Vector Brush

Is there any easier way to make a uniformly tapered vector brush stroke without having to select it afterwards and modify the profile? I’ll make a brush stroke but it never tapers to a fine point on any of the controller modes and the profile of each brush stroke is a mess. I just want to be able to set a tapered brush profile and then know that each stroke I make will be the same. The only way that I can see is to make the brush strokes first, then select them, reset the brush profile and set it the way I need it.

Seems like Affinity always forces you make a mark first and then fix it up after. Like there’s no way to make the marks right the first time, there’s always a second step (ie. having to select the Node Tool to close a shape, making a shape and then setting the colour, making a brush mark and then making it look right, drawing a shape with Pencil tool and then deleting all the unnecessary points... Not to mention a clunky colour palette system and eye dropper (sample the colour then click on the sample swatch to apply it to selected item (WHY NOT JUST APPLY IT TO THE ITEM?? WHY THE EXTRA STEP?)))

• 2 weeks later...