You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Linked or embedded files

I have a Publisher doc in which I have (so far) imported 50 A4 sheets, fairly "simple" drawings (particularly loaded ...) from Designer.
The total document weight is 730 MB, whether the files are linked or integrated.
Of course the files are linked, the loading time is as long as in the "integrated" version. And what motivates this plea is that when I open my document, I must systematically update the modified files in the meantime! (the update in "live" works well). According to the doc there should be a difference in weight, and the loading time will be much faster. Did I miss something ?

This is improved in the 1.8 beta, I believe.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hello everybody

we are testing the suite in our office.  And we miss a lot the link tool from indesign. We use to work parallel with some people (one in publisher and two or three in photo) and everyday we update our graphic content in the document. So it will help a lot to have a tool at least so useful like the tool of indesign. So the man in publisher can check which graphics are updated. And he can load them in just one minute.

Sorry. I found the Resources Manager... :$

Edited by jorge.hernandez