You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Guide Color and Dragging

There have been a few posts about changing guide colors, but I wanted to add something to the topic.

First, is there any update on adjusting the Guide color in Affinity Photo? Making other accommodations to see the guides really adds unnecessary steps to what should be a simple thing. There is an option to change the guide color for columns, but not for simple guides.

Second, dragging guides. When in Develop Persona (which I love) there does not seem to be a simple way to add guides. They need to be added (at least by dragging) before going into that mode. Please correct me if I am wrong on that point. 

Third, is it possible to change Guide Orientation by holding down a modifier key, so as to switch a guide from Horizontal to Vertical when dragging from the side/top? It is rather wasteful to switch to the other part of the screen just to drop a few guides that intersect. 

Fourth, it seems the only way to drag a guide is when you are using the Move Tool - is there any way to drag guides when the mouse is in the rule no matter what tool is selected?

Thanks and keep up the great work, I've been a Photoshop user since 1993 and am a full convert to Affinity, really love the everything I've seen!

Happy Holidays to all,

Jon

14 hours ago, headhacker said:

First, is there any update on adjusting the Guide color in Affinity Photo?

Welcome to the forums.
The best place to look to see if any new functionality has been implemented is in the beta. You might have to find the new functionality yourself as it will probably not be documented in the Help until late in the development process.

Third, is it possible to change Guide Orientation by holding down a modifier key

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this request before. Again, looking at the beta will probably tell you if it has been implemented or not. (The developers sometimes keep things close to their chest, as is their prerogative. Best not to announce things are there until you’re fairly sure they’ll be staying.)

is there any way to drag guides when the mouse is in the rule no matter what tool is selected?

This has definitely been requested before, by a few people. We can only wait and see what happens.

Sorry if none of that is a big help but we can only comment on what we can see.